Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's thankful Thursday again.

1. I am thankful that this has been a nice, quiet week. I love going, going, going, but sometimes it's nice just to have a quiet week.
2. I am thankful that my dad has a photography business where I can get cute family Christmas pictures done for free (well, for the cost of printing).
3. I am thankful for my funny cat, who has smelled new bags of food that aren't in his container yet, and has been sitting next to them, hoping. Even though, they are the same kind that's in his bowl...
4. I am thankful for Wednesdays. They were already my favorite day because we'd go to baby bookworms and hang out downtown, but now I get to add seeing my sister each week!
5. I am thankful for a nice quiet night where we can watch the Office, even though I'm now realizing there won't be a new episode...
6. I am thankful to have no projects going. I usually love them, but I've been working on a sewing project since the August before last-when I found out Leni was a girl. No-even before that...
7. I am thankful for lovely melted Guittard hot chocolate-which is the closest thing I've found so far to the hot chocolate in Europe. I think I need to try it with water instead of milk still, but it's pretty amazing as is.
8. I am thankful that Elena has finally started to enjoy books for being books-not because she can eat them or tear them. She's started looking at them in the car-it's her current favorite car toy.
9. I am thankful that the pumpkin bread is finally gone. I've made 3 recipes of it to take different places, but kept a little at home, and it has seemed endless.
10. I am thankful for the book by Debi Pearl that Sonya loaned me, and how much it has helped me understand Chris. I appreciated lots of things about him before this book, but it helps me see more what he is and what I should be to be helpful in that. (I don't agree with all of it still, but it's pretty eerie (is that the right spelling?) how much is true that I haven't considered).
11. I am thankful for good naps to read the above book.
12. I am thankful for the Christmas season-this year above others. It's so different when you're trying to think of ways to get ready for it for someone else, rather than it sneaking up on me as usual.
13. I am thankful for Elena's new adorable knit hat, which I still have to post pictures of. I was going to put a not-thankful section, which is against the point. I am sad because I've been waiting forever, probably 3-4 months, for abode to get their adorable flower hats in, and the hats came in-but no flower hats! We ordered this other hat, but she was going to have two-one for bright pink clothes and one for light pink clothes... Anyway, we'll have to look some more. Or, I'll have to learn to knit. Whichever.

I think that's it for now. Christmas pictures to come-they were supposed to be this first post, but blogger is really messed up and won't load any of my pictures today. I'll try again this afternoon.

0 comments: