first shots

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just a quick update-no pictures. Today Elena had her first (3) shots, which I was so worried about. They wouldn't let me nurse her, or even hold her, while she had them done, but I did nurse her right afterwards. The first one, she just looked surprised and made a little noise, the second one she cried pretty hard, and by the third one, she was screaming and purple-she was so, so mad. She calmed down and nursed pretty quickly, and then went to sleep and has been asleep since. Her mama cried longer than she did-she really did pretty good. She doesn't seem to have a fever, but I did give her Tylenol in advance. Keep us in mind the next 24 hours, I am just so worried that she'll have some horrible reaction. I know everyone gets them (almost), but I am really worried about these shots.

In other news, she is still in the 50th percentile in height (21 inches), 75th percentile in weight (11 pounds and 6 ounces), and 95th percentile in head size (I don't remember). They said that since she's breast fed, she still needs to eat at least every four hours through the night, and that they usually recommend getting down to one feeding between 6 and 10 months! (she's already at one feeding in the night) It is pretty crazy how all these babies at church are right at the same age, and every one of our doctors has told us something different. I can live with one feeding, it means that I actually get more sleep than most in the long run.

That's all for now. I'll post pictures again soon.

0 comments: