4 months

Monday, May 21, 2007

Well, we had Elena's doctor's appointment last week. She did much better with the shots than last time-a slight fever, but no grogginess, etc., and she hardly cried. As usual, I cried more than she did. She's exactly 24 inches now, and 13 pounds 6 ounces. She is lower in percentiles than she was-which is what we'd expect from her shortie parents! She loves anything of ours, now, and really is curious about what we're eating and our spoons, forks, and cups. If you let her sip your water, then stop, she fusses. She has her tongue out a lot-not, actually, her most attractive position, but it's funny-like she's tasting the air. She reaches for everything and can sit up for a few seconds at a time, and just in the last couple of days she'll step forward when she's standing to reach something. She is such a sweet baby-I know we're pretty blessed that she's so good natured.
This weekend was my high school reunion. I had sort of been dreading it (doesn't everyone!), but it was really pretty fun. There were three events, and we only went to one, but that worked out great. It was just enough of seeing everyone. I only took one picture, which is a shame, but other people are loading theirs, so maybe I'll add some of those later.
This is how she wakes us up in the morning now-she pulls up the bumper and peeks at us under it.

She got her own Moldova demitasse spoon to chew on while we ate pudding the other night. Chris wanted to give her some, but I'm thinking it's not a great idea for baby's first food to be pudding...
This is the tongue. Funny, but not so pretty. She was helping Mama crosstitch bibs...
Reaching for coupons.
This is the one reunion picture. Kelvey (on the left) lived across the street from me growing up, and Cory and I were in chorus. Elena was so tired, she rested her head on Kelvey's hand and left it there.

That's all for now. It's a pretty skimpy blog considering I've had about 20 pictures in each lately. I'll try to do better next week. This week is our anniversary, 2 markets, and Cami's spending the night, so we'll have some things to post on. Have a good week!

0 comments: